The Shanty

The Shanty
where I grew up

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Glowing Beauty

Jump from the ‘photos’ page are
Sparkly, shiny, skinny, slinky…
Not me.
I smile, I laugh, I dance,
I try.
I shovel the confidence
From brain to behavior.
But I still feel so transparent.
Blending of our souls
Causes bleeding of our hearts
Raining down love
The mist fogs up my eyes.
Insecurities return but for once
I lower the bridge and drown the trying,
While welcoming the embrace you offer.
I may not know why,
And I may never see what you do.
But whatever beauty you see in me
I allow.
I smile, I laugh, I dance,
I become the me that you admire and...
I glow.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are YOU! Never change my sweet Amy Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy=awesome and don't you change that for the world! ;0)

    ReplyDelete