The Shanty

The Shanty
where I grew up

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Speechless


Time for a happy blog. It may involve tears but I assure you it’s good.

Have you ever met someone who has inadvertently made you cry? And I don’t mean they said something hurtful or something sweet while you were going through a hard time or anything like that. I mean someone who says something and you are so blown away by it you can’t help but shed some tears? This has happened to me a couple times recently. I am so in awe by certain people’s ability to “get” me and to know just what to say to demonstrate they see right through my wall of emotional protection. It’s amazing how many years I’ve spent building up this wall and how no one has ever really been able to break through it. Now that I’m much more in-tuned with myself and I know what I need in life to make myself happy I believe I’m ready to tear down the wall…slowly but surely. However, what if someone doesn’t need me to?! What if they just “get” me enough to penetrate right through it?! It literally takes my breath away…

3 comments:

  1. See you are GREAT. . . ---------------------->
    Just look at that pic to the left and tell me how someone could say you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting comment. This blog was to say how GREAT someone else is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, don't sell yourself short. You are too. Oops, you're on the right, not the left. ------->

    ReplyDelete