The Shanty

The Shanty
where I grew up

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Excuses




I think I may have talked about this before but I feel like going into it again today. I HATE excuses!!! Why is it so hard for people to admit when they mess up? And why is it so hard for people to admit the real reason they do or do not do something? No excuse is a good excuse! People have priorities and choose what they do based on those. Women act like bitches sometimes because it’s not their top priority to behave nicely at the moment NOT because they’re PMS’ing! People smoke a cigarette because they want to or are having a hard time quitting NOT because they’re stressed and need it. People (especially kids) behave in ways they’re not supposed to because they don’t make it their priority to correct their behavior NOT because they forgot the rule. I could go on and on but I think you get the gist of what I’m saying.

I feel sad for people who go through life always coming up with excuses to spare themselves blame. Why don’t people want to better themselves and own up to their mistakes? I understand it’s hard to do but c’mon! I find myself making excuses sometimes and even get away with it to later find myself “calling myself out” and admitting the real reason. To me excuses equal lying. The only difference is that most of the time I don’t think people make excuses with the intention of being dishonest. I think it’s just second nature. Shit…even women have been using the excuse for why we’re so emotional is because we’re women for YEARS! Sure, we may have the chemical make-up to make us prone to being more emotional but we can control it…we just have to want to make it our priority. Saying we are women is not a valid excuse, it’s bullshit! Sorry women but you know it’s true.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the next time you find yourself saying “I did this because _______” stop yourself and admit you did it because it was your choice, bottom line. I’m tired of people not taking responsibility for themselves and blaming everything and everyone else. I am learning to not take things personally though but to realize that not everyone is as willing to put in the hard work to becoming a better person as I am is baffling to me. I may not get instant gratification but I know that in the long run I will be a happier person over all.

P.S. “I have a headache” is the biggest bullshit excuse in the world as to why a woman won’t have sex. Sex is a cure all. Women…quit using this lame statement as an excuse and fix the real problem!

1 comment:

  1. I suck. Sorry. You see if more people would do just that, the world would be a better place indeed! LOL! ;0)
    I had a boss once that use to tell us "excuses are like assholes, everyone's got one", boy oh boy, isn't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete