The Shanty

The Shanty
where I grew up

Monday, June 14, 2010

Things to Remember


I haven’t written anything in a while and I guess I’ve kind of been at a loss for words lately. I want to take this time to remind myself of a couple things:

Today and every day I can choose what kind of day I’m going to have. Some days are a struggle but I need to constantly remind myself that “Today, I’m going to enjoy my day!”

If this is proving to be harder than I would like…I need to remember my friends. My friends are there to support and love me and help me through life. They will not forget about me or think less of me if days have passed by without contact. As hard as that is for me to believe, I must accept it as the truth.

Everyone goes through hard times. I am no exception. Many times after the fact I’ll wonder why things were so hard for me but I need to remind myself that hindsight is 20/20 and it’s human to not always understand your hardships.

Everything in life is going wonderfully for me right now but I still find myself in states, like today, where things just feel off and I know I’m not at my happiest. This is confusing for me but that’s when I need to believe that not everything is made to understand. Just because life is seemingly grand doesn’t mean demons don’t surface from time to time and affect my mood. I need to accept my feelings and honor them. But then move on…don’t dwell.

As humans we are a work in progress. I will continue to grow and make improvements…my entire life. I need to remember to be proud of the distance I have gone thus far and the journey awaiting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment